Further information: email@example.com
Deadline for submission: the 19th of October 2013
Results Publication:: 30th of October 2013
Awards: during Science Week
Do you wish to participate? Get the application form on this website very soon.
Rewarding the drawings for the contest under the theme “How does a scientist look like?”. Through this competition the figure of people who do research brings closer to young people. At the same time, through the works presented, we will be able to know how youth perceive the scientific profession.
Two different categories will be stablished:
- Category 1: 6 to 10 years (Primary 1 to 4)
- Category 2: 11 to 14 years (5th grade elementary 2nd of ESO)
Participation in the contest for children ages 6 to 14 years old. Each participant must submit a single drawing accompanied by a title and a brief explanation of its meaning.
The drawing must meet the following requirements:
- To be about scientists and science.
- Maximum size of A4 using the standard form mandatory.
- The technique used is the choice of participants
- It must include a title and a brief letter explaining the meaning of the drawing.
Awards will be offered to the three finalist drawings of each category. A total of 6 awards will be presented. They will be based on A Science Kit, so that participants can feel like great young scientists.
November 25, 2013
Place of presentation:
The application drawing must be submitted to the following address:
Servicio de Difusión de la Cultura Científica
Vicerrectorado de Investigación, Transferencia e Innovación
Edificio GuadianaUniversidad de Extremadura
Avda. de Elvas s/n
Information about the winners and others will be available on this website from November 2013. The prize-giving ceremony will coincide with the Science Week.
The application will consist of an only sheet of paper containing the drawing and its title, together with the necessary description and other information at the back. It will be presented in a closed envelope with the text “Ref. Drawing Contest – Researchers’ Night 2013” and the address previously specified.
For the evaluation of the drawings the members of the jury will apply the following criteria:
- To what extent the drawing is in line with the requirements dealing with the subject of the contest: a scientist.
- Visual expression capacity, taking into account the composition of the picture and the techniques used.
- Emotional impact of the drawing.